Ibarra was established in 2015 with the inspiration and passion for the art of watchmaking and the dream to rekindle the Filipino heritage of timekeeping. Ibarra offers traditional timepieces that showcase the skill and ingenuity of Filipinos in an industry that has been present globally for more than 200 years. Ibarra timepieces are locally designed and assembled using high-quality materials sourced from the different parts of the world. During Ibarra’s first year, the brand released its flagship watches and established partnerships in the retail industry and in academic research.
Ibarra is looking for a motivated and organized student to join the brand for an internship. In this role, you would be working in a start-up brand that is currently establishing its research and development partnership with one of the country’s top universities and is exploring areas for innovation in its products.
Intern activities would consist of
- Researching and studying on the initial topics for innovation of the brand
- Supporting and coordinating with research partners
- Documenting research activities
- Constant reporting on research developments
- A fundamental understanding or familiarity on Physics and Engineering is required. Knowledge on Materials Science is plus.
- Must have strong organizational skills, can prioritize, and take directions easily
- Must have a strong work ethic
If you thrive in a problem-solving working environment, this internship is for you. Being a start-up brand which has a big potential and is still in its birth phase, there is much opportunity for learning not just in deepening your expertise but also in broadening your knowledge. In Ibarra, we give value to the art and beauty in technical marvels and the elegance in the laws of nature. If this excites you, Ibarra will be a perfect learning environment for you!
Applications must send their resumes to email@example.com